If you want to design websites quickly without writing a line of codes, then Showit or Elementor should come in handy.
This guide compares Showit vs. Elementor side-by-side, highlighting the key features, pros and cons, pricing, and some FAQs.
So what’s the difference between these site builders:
The main difference is that Showit is a standalone website builder with a focus on visual design, offering unparalleled creative freedom with a cloud-based platform, while Elementor is a WordPress plugin, emphasizing intricate customization within the WordPress ecosystem, providing robust design capabilities but operating within the confines of the WordPress framework.
Showit vs Elementor: Key Features Comparison
This table gives you a summarize version of the key features of both visual website builders.
|Intuitive drag-and-drop builder
|User-friendly live editor
|Creative freedom with no coding required
|Extensive design customization
|Seamless integration with various tools
|Strong integration with WordPress
|Freemium model with premium plans
|Responsive support via chat and email
|Extensive documentation, community
|All-in-one platform for hosting and design
|WordPress-centric plugin ecosystem
What is Showit and How Does It Work?
Showit is a dedicated website builder known for its user-friendly drag-and-drop interface. It allows users to design visually appealing websites without delving into complex coding.
Showit’s emphasis on creative freedom and seamless integration makes it a top choice for those seeking an all-in-one solution for website creation.
- Visual Creativity: Unmatched design freedom with a visual drag-and-drop interface.
- Standalone Builder: Operates independently, not reliant on external platforms.
- User-Friendly: Ideal for beginners with an intuitive interface.
- Responsive Designs: Ensures seamless viewing on various devices.
- Cloud-Based Hosting: Offers optimized speed and reliability.
- Design Flexibility: Allows for pixel-perfect customization.
- Limited Blogging Features: Showit’s blogging capabilities are not as robust.
- Pricing Structure: Some users find the pricing comparatively higher.
- Learning Curve: While user-friendly, beginners may face a slight learning curve
What is Elementor and How Does It Work?
Elementor, on the other hand, is a WordPress plugin renowned for its live editor and extensive design capabilities. It empowers users to create feature-rich pages within the WordPress platform.
Elementor’s popularity stems from its flexibility and compatibility with various WordPress themes and plugins.
- Extensive Customization: Robust design capabilities for intricate customization.
- WordPress Integration: Seamless integration within the WordPress ecosystem.
- Large Community: Benefits from a vast user community and extensive documentation.
- E-commerce Compatibility: Supports integration with e-commerce plugins.
- Regular Updates: Receives frequent updates for improved features.
- Free Version: Offers a free version with basic functionalities.
- WordPress Dependency: Requires WordPress for functionality.
- Learning Curve: Some beginners may find it complex.
- Hosting Impact: Performance depends on chosen hosting infrastructure.
Showit vs Elementor: In-Depth Feature Comparison
Before you decide on the right visual site builder, here’s a detailed comparison of the key features.
1. User-Friendly Interface
Showit: Showit boasts a user-friendly interface, featuring a drag-and-drop builder that simplifies web design for users. The intuitive layout allows users to effortlessly place and arrange elements without the need for extensive technical knowledge. This user-friendly approach caters to individuals seeking a seamless and visually-driven web design experience.
Elementor: Elementor’s user-friendly interface is characterized by a live editor that facilitates real-time editing. The platform prioritizes simplicity without sacrificing functionality, enabling users to witness instant changes as they manipulate design elements. This approach appeals to those who appreciate a dynamic and responsive editing process.
Both platforms prioritize user-friendly interfaces, utilizing drag-and-drop builders and live editors to streamline the design process.
2. Design Flexibility
Showit: Showit offers extensive design flexibility, providing users with the freedom to experiment with layout, typography, and multimedia elements. The platform serves as a versatile canvas for users to express their unique design styles, making it suitable for creative professionals and artists seeking a visually immersive website.
Elementor: Elementor excels in design flexibility, offering a broad range of customization options. Users can tailor their websites to align with specific design preferences, making it an ideal choice for those who prioritize adaptability and creative expression in their web design endeavors.
Both platforms provide users with significant design flexibility, accommodating diverse design needs and styles.
3. Integration Capabilities
Showit: Showit seamlessly integrates with various third-party tools, enhancing its functionality and adaptability. The platform’s integration capabilities cater to users who require a connected digital experience, such as incorporating e-commerce seamlessly or integrating with other tools essential to their online presence.
Elementor: Elementor’s integration capabilities thrive within the WordPress ecosystem. The platform seamlessly connects with various WordPress themes and plugins, expanding its functionality for users operating within the WordPress environment. This integration focus makes Elementor an attractive option for those who value compatibility with WordPress.
Both platforms prioritize integration capabilities, catering to users with diverse digital needs and preferences.
4. Pricing Models
Showit: Showit operates on a subscription-based model, offering transparent pricing structures based on subscription plans. Users pay for features according to their business growth and scalability needs, making it suitable for those who seek a clear and scalable pricing model.
Elementor: Elementor adopts a freemium model, providing both free and premium plans. This model allows users to explore essential features at no cost before deciding to upgrade to premium plans for additional functionalities. Elementor’s pricing flexibility accommodates users with varying budgetary preferences.
Both platforms employ different pricing models, with Showit utilizing a subscription-based approach and Elementor offering a freemium model.
5. Customer Support
Showit: Showit provides responsive customer support through chat and email. The support team offers real-time assistance, ensuring users receive prompt help in navigating the platform. This approach prioritizes user confidence and fosters a supportive environment for users seeking immediate guidance.
Elementor: Elementor offers extensive documentation and a vibrant community for user support. Users can access comprehensive guides and engage with the community forums to find solutions and inspiration. Elementor encourages users to explore and learn, fostering a collaborative support ecosystem.
Both platforms prioritize customer support, offering different approaches to cater to users’ diverse preferences.
6. Drag-and-Drop Editor
Showit: Showit’s drag-and-drop editor facilitates an intuitive design process. Users can rearrange elements seamlessly, allowing for precise placement and adjustments. This visual approach simplifies the design process for users who prefer a hands-on and interactive editing experience.
Elementor: Elementor’s live editor features drag-and-drop capabilities, enabling users to make real-time adjustments to their designs. This functionality enhances the user experience, providing a dynamic and responsive editing process suitable for users who appreciate immediate visual feedback.
Both platforms leverage drag-and-drop editors, enhancing the ease of use and interactivity in the design process.
Showit: Showit offers an all-in-one platform for hosting and design. This unified ecosystem caters to users seeking convenience in managing both hosting and design aspects within a single platform. The seamless integration of hosting and design functionality enhances the user experience for those prioritizing simplicity.
Elementor: Elementor thrives within the WordPress ecosystem, offering a plugin-centric environment. This ecosystem provides users with a robust set of tools and features compatible with various WordPress themes and plugins. Users who value the interconnectedness of Elementor within the WordPress environment find it suitable for their web design needs.
Showit Real-World Use Cases
- Photographer’s Portfolio Showcase: Scenario: Sarah, a professional photographer, aims to create an online portfolio that not only showcases her stunning photography but also reflects her artistic style. With Showit’s design flexibility, she can easily build a visually immersive website, incorporating image galleries, sliders, and personalized layouts. The drag-and-drop interface allows her to arrange photos with precision, ensuring a captivating online portfolio that resonates with potential clients and collaborators.
- Local Business Website Revamp: Scenario: Jake, the owner of a local coffee shop, wants to revamp his business website to attract more customers and provide an engaging online experience. Showit’s user-friendly interface allows Jake to update the website effortlessly. He can integrate elements like an interactive menu, event calendar, and an engaging story about the coffee shop’s journey. Showit’s integration capabilities also enable Jake to link the website seamlessly with social media, fostering community engagement and customer loyalty.
Elementor Real-World Use Cases
- Freelancer’s Professional Blog: Scenario: Emily, a freelance writer, intends to establish her personal brand by creating a professional blog. Elementor’s live editor empowers Emily to design her blog posts in real-time, experimenting with typography, layout, and multimedia elements. The seamless integration with WordPress ensures that Emily can leverage Elementor’s features while benefiting from the robust blogging capabilities of the WordPress platform, enhancing her online presence and visibility within her niche.
- E-commerce Store for Handcrafted Goods: Scenario: Alex, an artisan crafting handmade goods, decides to launch an e-commerce store to reach a wider audience. Elementor’s design flexibility allows Alex to create a visually appealing and user-friendly online store. The drag-and-drop editor simplifies the process of building product pages, ensuring a seamless shopping experience for customers. Elementor’s integration capabilities with popular e-commerce plugins enable Alex to manage inventory, process transactions securely, and showcase the unique stories behind each handmade item.
Here’s a summarized breakdown of the pricing for Showit and Elementor:
- Basic Plan: $24/month (billed monthly).
- Standard Plan: $19/month (billed annually) or $24/month (billed monthly).
- Advanced Plan: $34/month (billed annually) or $39/month (billed monthly).
- E-commerce Add-on: Starting at $20/month (billed annually).
- Free Trial: 14-day free trial available.
- Free Version: Limited features available at no cost.
- Elementor PRO: Starting at $49/year (for 1 site), $99/year (for 3 sites), and $199/year (for unlimited sites).
- Additional Features: Elementor PRO includes advanced design capabilities and additional widgets.
- Free Trial: Limited free version available.
- Showit’s pricing includes different tiers with various billing options.
- Elementor offers a free version with limited features and a premium version (Elementor PRO) with additional functionalities.
- Prices mentioned are indicative and may vary based on specific features, billing cycles, or promotions offered by each platform.
What to Consider When Choosing Between Showit and Elementor
Keep these essential factors in mind when choosing a visual drag-and-drop site builder:
- Ease of Use: Showit’s drag-and-drop interface caters to users seeking simplicity, allowing seamless design without coding. Elementor, while intuitive, may pose a slight learning curve due to its extensive customization options, making it more suitable for users familiar with design intricacies.
- Design Flexibility: Showit excels in design flexibility, granting users unparalleled control over layouts and aesthetics. Its freedom in creative expression makes it ideal for visual artists. Elementor, known for robust design capabilities, suits users who appreciate intricate customization within the WordPress ecosystem, providing a balance between flexibility and structure.
- Performance: Showit prioritizes performance with a focus on speed and reliability, offering a cloud-based service for optimized delivery. Elementor’s performance relies on chosen hosting infrastructure, necessitating users to select a reliable host to ensure optimal website speed and responsiveness within the WordPress framework.
- Integration and Compatibility: Showit seamlessly integrates with WordPress for blogging capabilities while primarily focusing on design aspects. Elementor, being a WordPress plugin, ensures strong integration within the WordPress environment, maintaining compatibility with various themes and plugins, enhancing its adaptability within the broader WordPress ecosystem.
- Support and Community: Showit provides excellent customer support with a responsive team ready to assist users. Elementor benefits from a thriving community and comprehensive documentation, fostering a collaborative environment. Users can leverage peer support and a wealth of resources, contributing to an empowering ecosystem that facilitates problem-solving and skill-sharing within the Elementor community.
Here are answers to five common questions people often ask about Showit and Elementor:
- Question: Can I use Showit or Elementor without WordPress?
- Answer: Showit is a standalone website builder with limited blogging capabilities. Elementor, on the other hand, is a WordPress plugin, requiring a WordPress installation for use.
- Question: How does the pricing of Showit and Elementor compare?
- Answer: Showit offers tiered subscription plans, including options for monthly or annual billing. Elementor has a free version with premium plans starting at $49/year for one site and additional features in the Elementor PRO version.
- Question: Are there limitations on design customization with Showit or Elementor?
- Answer: Showit provides extensive design flexibility with a drag-and-drop interface. Elementor offers robust design capabilities within WordPress, allowing detailed customization, but it may have a steeper learning curve.
- Question: Do these tools support e-commerce functionality?
- Answer: Showit has limited e-commerce capabilities, while Elementor can integrate with e-commerce plugins within the WordPress ecosystem, providing more extensive online store functionalities.
- Question: Which tool is better for beginners in web design?
- Answer: Showit’s user-friendly interface makes it ideal for beginners seeking simplicity in website creation. Elementor, while intuitive, may require a learning curve due to its advanced customization options, making it suitable for users familiar with design intricacies.
Is Showit Better than Elementor? Takeaway
The essence of a visual drag-and-drop site builder, like Showit, lies in its intuitive, no-code approach, enabling users to create visually stunning websites effortlessly.
While building a custom website from scratch is an option, using templates streamlines the process, saving time and effort.
Showit stands out by providing unmatched design freedom, allowing users to create unique, tailored experiences without constraints.