Want to increase your web traffic for free?
I’ve listed 20 amazing ways to get traffic. Some of these methods would be new to you, while majority would be entirely new. All in all, you’re going to enjoy it.
1. Have a simple U.R.L – Your URL should be simple, easy to memorize and spell. Once it’s simple like this, your direct traffic would increase ultimately.
2. Register More Domain Names – You’ll discover that people make mistakes when searching for your website. You should register those domain names, to redirect every accidental traffic. For instance, flickr.com and flicker.com
3. Submit Your blog to Spicypage – spicypage is a web 2.0 site. It’s not that common because I’m yet to see blogs that list it. But it can help you get instant traffic, and backlinks (do folow).
4. Submit U.R.L to free directories – The best free directories to submit should have a pagerank 3 or above.
This way, you’ll improve your own pagerank and gain fresh traffic. e.g dmoz.org
5. Linkedin Leverage – You can use this social networking giant to build consistent traffic to your blog.
Aside listing your blog URL in the profile, you can easily host your RSS feed on your account, and show your latest blog posts. It’s free marketing.
6. Create A Lens on Squidoo.com – A lens is a webpage of your own that treats on specific topic. For instance, if you’re into SEO, you can create a squidoo lens that shows how to research keywords. Tiny topic works best, don’t be jack of all trade with lens and you’ll drive more traffic.
7. Become The Next Bill Gates – Bill Gates bought over Microsoft in 19… Microsoft have already grown massively, and a wise man came up and bought it. Instead of building traffic from the scratch, buy up an established site and channel the traffic to your money blog.
8. Build Hub With Hubpages.com – Just like squidoo lens, you can create a single web page.
There are millions of users right now on hubpages.com, if you can attract 0.0001% of 1million active users, that’s enough for today.
9. Make a Custom 404 page – This particular page is left unused by most bloggers and webmasters.
But you can utilize the traffic potential it has.
Provide a link back to your 404 page, or put your opt-in form to capture email address.
10. Manage Your Subscribers with Feedburner – Any other RSS site will not help you retain and notify current subscribers of latest posts.
That’s why you need feedburner, it helps you keep in touch.
Redirect your default wordpress RSS feed into feedburner.
11. Make Use of Your Social Profiles – Your social profiles can be used to build free traffic to your site. Sites like Facebook, twitter, Google plus etc. The profile page accepts HTML. Build quality backlinks to your site and get free traffic.
12. Track Your Stats – Do you know you can increase your web traffic, by simply tracking your stats. Google analytics helps you determine the exact keywords that users used to stumble on your site. Focus and create more content on these keywords, you’ll build gradual web traffic from search engines.
13. Hot Trends Is Key – As you read this, there are hot trends and latest developments going on. Why not write about hot trends in your niche, outsmart the competitors before they rank, and drive all the traffic to your site.
14. Write Quality Contents, Not Quantity – I’m not saying you should write 200 word articles, off course that is too little for good search engine performance, but do your best to write readable and informative posts. Engage your blog readers, the more time they spend reading, the more relevant your site appears in the eyes of Google.
15. Code A Plugin – Are you a programmer? Off course, there is no limitation. If you can’t code a plugin, get someone to do it for you. Then submit the plugin to wordpress database and bloggers would start to download it.
Your website link will be embedded in the setup. It’s like getting backlinks on steroids, and fresh traffic from established sites.
16. Design a Screensaver – How many people do you think will download and share your screensaver?
If the screensaver is unique, beautiful and especially ones about hot trends, you can get it downloaded by 100s of people. Put your blog address and logo if you have one. Encourage your users to share with their friends.
17. Share your documents on Scribd.com – Scribd is a web 2.0 site, with over 1 Million active daily readers. You can create a report, add your website/blog link and upload to scribd. Don’t bother about readership, scribd.com will definitely send you thousands of readers.
18. Write a simple tutorial – Tutorials is hot online. The reason is because, beginners are starting their own websites, online business and blogs. They need step by step tutorials to make headway.
19.Design a WordPress theme – I’ve seen some free wordpress theme that was downloaded 100,000 times, in the past 30 days. What does it mean for the theme owner? Traffic and backlinks.
So get started designing your wordpress theme. Submit to wordpress site and allow them to share it. You’ll enjoy the fresh targeted traffic, backlinks and web influence.
20. Share your testimonial – Are you satisfied with a plugin, e-book or theme you just bought? Why not share your success story with the product creator, and ask them to use it on their sales page, in exchange for a tiny link (your site).
Buyers respect testimonials and would be willing to visit your site for more info.
These are my 20 proven ways to increase your web traffic for free. What is your own traffic tip? Share on the comment area and let’s get the ball rolling.